NanTong SIHE Stainless Steel History
1952 – At the age of 32, founder Bao-Guo Wang, father of the today’s owner; start to
sell knives to the neighborhood of Nan-tou city.
1955 – At 35, Bao-Guo Wang opened a small knife workshop and sharpening store next
to the Taichung City market. With the helps of his four sons, and the insistence
on the quality and sharpness of the knives, Sheaffer soon became the most
well-known knife provider all over Taiwan.
1969 – Sheaffer established a plant in Taichung City of Taiwan.
1982 – Sheaffer acquire the second plant in Nan Tou City in Taiwan.
1984 – The founder, Bao-Guo Wang has separated his business into 3 parts for his four sons. The eldest one was
in charge of the Taichung factory with mainly supplying for the Taiwan domestic market; second son, who
was assigned with the knife workshop in Taichung City and responsible for the domestic retails; whereas,
third and forth son have the factory in Nan Tou City.
1985 – Third son David Wang and Forth son Gary Wang stepped out for US market; start to produce
western-style knives and export them into US.
1996 – Head-quarters of Sheaffer, were moved from Nan Tou City to Shanghai City.
2003 – Second plant was established in Kun Shan City